Wednesday, August 14, 2013

EXIT stage right

I haven't posted much recently as there really hasn't been much news. That's a good sign.

Yesterday was my six-month follow-up with the transplant Dr. At six months they feel that you are close to being back to normal, whatever that is. All was well with my blood work and they felt that I had progressed fairly well. So at this point it will simply be continued maintenance on chemotherapy until such time as the myeloma reappears. My oncologist keeps reminding me that it will reappear but also points out that there are legions of new drugs coming out to combat this disease. He feels that the next time around we will be using a drug that we don't even know about yet. So I guess that's an optimistic way to look at it. So with that I guess I'll exit stage right and discontinue any updates on the blog unless and until  myeloma  issues resurface. and once again thank you everyone for your support throughout this process!


One more thing, I have been quite surprised if one item relative to this blog. The blog does keep track of the location of the readers. Here is a list of those locations in the number of times the blog has been accessed from there.

I can guess who some of the folks are that are looking at the blog from places like Japan the UK and Germany but for the life of me I can't figure out who is interested that lives in Pakistan or Morocco or the Ukraine. Oh well guess I'm just an interesting character.

United States
2020
Germany
121
United Kingdom
119
Russia
63
Ukraine
20
Pakistan
13
Morocco
12
New Zealand
12
Japan
8
China
4

No comments:

Post a Comment