Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day + 26 and a setback

Well I guess it was prophetic that I put this photo on the last blog post. As it turns out I am back. Yesterday, when going to a clinic appointment I just fainted in the parking lot. Eileen said I collapsed like an air filled doll with the air being let out.

I was then taken up to the clinic by someone who had me in a wheelchair. Once up there they found that my blood pressure was very low and I continued to be slightly dizzy. So the decision was made to readmit me to the hospital for a day or two to make sure of the cause. At this point they seem to be leaning toward drug interaction and I expect a significant modification in the drug regime.

This morning they did do a head CT scan to ensure that the basal stent of 2006 had no effect on this issue. I'm feeling fine today and ready to get out of here again.

I do have to say that I was quite disappointed at having to go back into the hospital. I've been told however that's not unusual for at least one return trip for the transplant patients.

One thing is the room they have me in certainly has far better views the one I occupied for three weeks. Would have enjoyed this room although it's considerably smaller than the one I was in previously.

I really have to thank Eileen for running home yesterday to get a supply of clean clothes and my computer for the stay here. Would have gone absolutely crazy last night without her help. Thanks again sweetheart.

So we'll be seeing the doctor again on Friday, it will be interesting to see what the next step is.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, Al, sorry to hear about your setback, hope and pray that things will geet better for you and that you regain your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia, I'll make it back and be a big a terror as ever!

    ReplyDelete